The Acceleration Networked Improvement Community (NIC) brings together a small number of district teams committed to a common pursuit of improving outcomes for all students while accelerating the growth of those furthest behind. Districts participating in the NIC are:
- Interested in learning the disciplines and tools of improvement science, applying them to one of the most daunting challenges in public education.
- Committed to engage in action research in the form of rapid-cycle improvement, running active experiments, gathering data, and identifying learning that can benefit the entire community.
- Dedicated to developing capacity, promoting sustainability, and growing knowledge about how to better champion those students needing greater support.
- Passionate about innovating on behalf of the students, families, and communities they serve.
- Devoted to bringing about more equitable learning and outcomes for all students.
Districts will identify a small team of change leaders to participate in the Network Improvement Community, which will come together (virtually and physically) several times a year for new learning, common planning, and analyzing the results of respective and collective experiments on behalf of accelerating learning for students.
The Acceleration NIC is designed to be high-investment and high-return, and it will be unlike other communities of practice in which you participate or that we currently offer. Participation will be limited to a small cohort of districts that demonstrate a commitment to action, a track record for continuous improvement, and an urgency for serving those students in greatest need.
For more information about the Acceleration NIC please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.